Where is SHRINE tattoo located?
- We are located in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. On the corner of 55 W. Marcy St. Street parking is available and the shop is handicap accessible.
What do you recommend for tattoo aftercare?
- Leave the bandage on for a minimum of 4-6 hours (in most cases you may sleep in the bandage, but check with your artist first). Wash your hands before removing the bandage.
- Carefully remove the bandage and wash the tattoo gently but thoroughly with unscented antibacterial soap and warm water. Its important to make sure all ointment, blood, and plasma are removed.
- Do not use a loofa, sponge, or bar of soap. If the tattoo is stuck to the bandage, wet it with water to loosen and gently remove the bandage.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft cloth, and let air dry. Apply a small amount of unscented hand lotion or a small amount of Aquaphor, a couple times a day for the next two weeks.
- Your tattoo should be fully healed in 2-4 weeks.
What to do while your tattoo heals?
- For the first 3 days, wash tattoo in the morning and at night.
- In 4-7 days, your tattoo will start to peel. You may stop using Aquaphor and simply use unscented lotion. Do not pick or scratch. Picking or scratching can cause ink to fall out and a touch up will be required. Continue to use the lotion for the following two weeks.
- Wear sun-protective clothing.
- Do not go in the sun, swim or soak for two weeks. (Showers are fine)
- Call your tattoo artist or doctor if you have any signs of infection. Keep your tattoo clean to avoid infection. Be very mindful of other people, animals, or dirty clothes touching it. If this happens do not stress, just wash the tattoo with soap and water ASAP
How much does it cost to get a tattoo?
- There is no set tattoo cost. Prices vary greatly depending on size, detail and placement. The best way to obtain an estimate is to stop into SHRINE tattoo at your convenience.
Is there a shop minimum?
- Yes, the shop minimum is $100.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed?
- In the state of New Mexico you must be 18 years old to get tattooed. Per NM consent law states that the tattoo operator is not required to tattoo the person, even if parental consent has been provided. The restrictions include: “No person shall perform any body art upon a person under the age of 18 years without the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. The written consent must be kept on the premises at the body art establishment. The parent or legal guardian does not have to stay at the body art establishment during the entire body art procedure as long as the parent or legal guardian provides written and notarized consent to the specific planned procedure(s) to the body art establishment prior to the procedure(s). If the parent or legal guardian remains present during the body art procedure, the written consent does not have to be notarized. Written consent shall be personally delivered to the body art establishment by the parent or legal guardian; delivery by the person under 18 years of age is not sufficient. Photographic identification of the parent or legal guardian is required.
Are walk-ins welcome?
- Yes, walk-ins are welcome assuming there is an artist available to accommodate them, however the only way to guarantee a spot is to set up an appointment ahead of time.
Do I have to leave a Deposit?
- Yes, a $100, $200, or $300 deposit is required to book an appointment. The deposit amount is based on the size of the tattoo and amount of sessions the tattoo will take to complete
What do I do if I want to get tattooed by a specific artist?
- To get tattooed by a specific artist, please stop into SHRINE and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. If you’re unable to come into SHRINE in person you can call, email or fill out the information on our CONTACT page and we will be happy to help.
What do I do if i need to cancel an appointment?
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule a future appointment we ask for a minimum of 48 hours notice or otherwise you forfeit your deposit.
- If you no longer wish to get tattooed, your deposit is 50% refundable.
- If an artist has drawn for your appointment your deposit in non-refundable.